Gerri Vereen, Executive Coach
Gerri is a goal-oriented ICF accredited Executive Coach, PCC, with extensive experience and achievements in Internet Advertising Sales, Operations and Technologies. As an accredited team coach, along with her fifteen plus years of experience in managing diverse and cross-functional teams, Gerri can deliver results with a proven methodology that creates high performing, sustainable and inspired teams. As an executive coach, Gerri offers the benefit of her 20 plus years of work experience in the corporate world and helps clients identify and develop their natural talents and strengths.
Key Areas of Career Expertise and Accomplishments
A sampling of executive coaching assignments includes:
- Created and implemented Individual Development Plans for a non-profit, connecting each departmental and individual goals to the organization’s strategic goals. Implemented a top-level assessment tool for hiring and identification of individual strengths for development. Conducted and implemented feedback from the leadership team’s 360’s and coached each leader on conducting scheduled development conversations with their team members. Consulted with HR to create an online performance review process. Goal achievement for the organization overall has increased by 35%.
- Supported the Learning and Development team of one of Atlanta’s largest healthcare systems in the development and implementation of leadership programs throughout the organization. Supported over 25 leaders in the utilization of development worksheets to enhance team and individual performances and exceed departmental goals.
- Consulted with an advertising design firm to identify and map operational capabilities to operational strategies. Assisted the executive team in creating new management roles and a revised organizational structure. With the new organizational structure in place and key support roles identified, the design firm increased their annual revenue by 10%.
- Delivered a three-hour workshop to 45 global leaders of an industrial pipe holding company based in India. The geographically dispersed team had experienced cultural divisions and the workshop assisted them in focusing on the strengths of the individuals vs. their differences. The group reported that the workshop successfully removed any barriers to the planning sessions and increased their meeting productivity by 35%.
- Facilitated a strategy meeting for the executive team of an industrial chemical company, assisting them in mapping their strategic goals while utilizing the strengths of the group. Based on the results of a recent customer survey, and utilizing their operational capabilities, the executives identified their strategic goals and created their plan of action for the next fiscal year.
- CEO of a national non-profit focused on chronic disease prevention and control with a focus on creating a more collaborative and strategic-focused approach with the executive team and organizational staff.
- Senior Director with one of the world’s largest news network identified as a high-potential and on target for VP position. Result: Significantly increased her executive presence and management skills. She also asked for support in identifying and achieving her personal goals. Result: She was given a raise increase of 10% over and above her annual raise and was selected Valedictorian of her EMBA class during the coaching program.
- Vice President of International Operations with a global restaurant chain requested an executive coach to assist him in developing his executive presence, strategic focus and improve his delegation skills. Results: He successfully launched three new global markets and was promoted to Vice President during his coaching program.
- Senior Director, Sales and Marketing, with a German manufacturing company, wanted to create a more balanced approach to her personal and professional life, improve her delegation skills and create a more effective relationship with her VP. Result: At the end of the program, she was successfully delegating with a more balanced approach to work and is slated for the VP position.
Education, Certifications, Memberships
- Executive Coach and Human Performance Consultant
- Chief Knowledge Officer, BestWork DATA
- Team Coach, AutoTrader.com
- Director of Sales/Advertising Operations, AutoTrader.com
- Director of Account Management, AutoTrader.com
- Director of IT Business Affairs/Project Director, AutoTrader.com
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts, Sociology
- Coaching Certifications: ICF Certification – Strategic Executive Coaching Alliance (SECA) 2009; Conversation Intelligence® (CI-Q) 2018; Certified Managerial Coach (CMC) – Kennesaw State University 2008; DiSC Facilitator 2009; Birkman Assessment 2009; Team Coaching International 2010; Organization and Relationship System Coaching Fundamentals 2010
- Board Positions
- Peachtree Creek Greenway (2014-current) – Communications Director; a non-profit board focusing on building a multi-use path to connect neighbors and businesses along North Peachtree Creek, linking the communities to each other and the Beltline.
- International Coaching Federation (2010–2012) – Local Chapter: Georgia Coaches Association Board Member; Director of Finance and Operations (2011); VP of Operations (2010); Program Book Lead – Prism (2010)
- Georgia Ovarian Cancer Alliance – Board Member (2001- 2007); Treasurer (2006- 2007); Co-Chaired Cabaret fundraiser (2006);Co-President (2005-2006); Co-Chair- Walk Fundraiser (2005);Lobbied for and received state-wide proclamation from Governor Perdue (2005), announcing September as Georgia’s Ovarian Cancer Awareness month